Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Are you kidding me?!

A lady comes in, and I'm in triage.  I ask her why she's here after introducing myself and getting her vital signs.  She begins by telling me about her morning and all the stress she has been experiencing lately.  Okay, so maybe it's gonna be cardiac related is what I'm thinking.  Then she goes on to say that she did some yard work in the safternoon when she got home.  So now I'm thinking maybe she cut herself or got into something she's allergic to.  But, then she finally gets to the point.  "This evening when I got home, I was cooking dinner and went to put something on the table and stubbed my toe."  This is, apparently, what she came to the ER for...a stubbed toe.  I ask if she can move it and is it swollen, etc.  "No.  But I stubbed it over an hour ago and it still hurts."  Um, I kind of wish she'd have stubbed her head!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I screen all of the comments that come in to be sure that they aren't just spam. :)