Sunday, December 5, 2010

Disgusting!

Okay, so I got a patient from a nursing home who came in for a urinary tract infection.  She was an older female patient, so I told my coworker (who was male) that I would do the "In and Out" catheter to obtain the urine specimen for culturing so that the old lady wouldn't have to have a guy "down there."  Boy, he owes me big time!  The little lady told me to not mind the smell when I "went down there" b/c the diapers they put on her really made her stink (her words, not mine.)  Well, I got everything all set up and folded back the sheet.  I pulled the diaper down to her ankles and prepared my supplies, the bent her legs open to cath her.  Wowee!  All I gotta say is I'm never eating cottage cheese ever again!!!  Holy hell, this poor little lady quite literally had a cup of the stuff sitting there in her Hooha.  I had to use an extra pair of gloves to scoop the stuff out of the way so I could get to her urethra.  Oh man.  I gave her a good cleaning down there after that, but those nursing homes should be ashamed of themselves!  There's no way that that amount of ickiness just popped up over night.  Probably hadn't been properly washed in weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I screen all of the comments that come in to be sure that they aren't just spam. :)